Knights Of Dragons Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Knights Of Dragons Dawn

Welcome To KODD Forums

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stone Tooth Tavern

Go down 
+4
Dungeon Master
Roland Of Gilead
Kodiak
custosnox
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Roland Of Gilead
Admin
Admin
Roland Of Gilead

Number of posts : 124
Time Zone (GMT +/-) : raiding, pillaging, overall destruction
Alliance Title : Co-Founder
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Character sheet
Name: startalon
Race: Dark Elf
Class: Mage

Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 7:08 pm

"My kind has never heard of these Lords. atleast not my Enclave. Granted there is not very much contact between Enclaves as they are spaced quite a distance apart. of course that does not say that these Lords will not affect my kind but woe betide any creatures be it man or Elf that tries to enter the underdark without our permission."

He spares a glance for darien before devoting his attention fully back to kodiak.

"as much as some people would like to imagine The Night Dwellers are not inherently evil. just darker... Oh we still have individuals who are evil natured, more so than most races because of our...darker... nature but our race is not evil."
Back to top Go down
https://kodd.rpg-board.net
custosnox
Admin
Admin
custosnox

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2007-12-06

Character sheet
Name: Darian Silver
Race: Sylvan Elf

PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 8:10 pm

"These Mayhem Lords, as so many call them, are in part the reason I am here. Of these lords, there is one that is known as Deaths Right Hand. He seeks a source of power that would let him dominate the others, which, in turn, would give him lead to most of the lands. And do not think that the underdark is any exception, for their numbers are counted even there. You may know one of them better by the name of Peraxin Serlivine.
"In any case, this object of power has been lost for a long time. So long, in fact, that it is only known, or at least believed, that it exists, and to be very powerful. A few clues have turned up in the hunt for it as to where it may lie. Unfortunatly, at least for the lords, is that these clues lead in about a 1000 directions. So they have sent out hundreds of people to search out these clues." He then leans forward and continues in a hushed voice "I have reason to believe that a key to finding this power is close by, and we should attempt to find it first, or at least keep the others from doing so."
Back to top Go down
Roland Of Gilead
Admin
Admin
Roland Of Gilead

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 4:22 pm

startalon gives a loud grunt as if poleaxed in the stomach, at the mention of Peraxin Serlivine, and has a very startled look on his face. a look that is very unaccustomed to his usually serene face.

"you give me dire news indeed sylvan. the man you mentioned is some one of great...power... to my people. the fact that these lords have invaded my enclave with out us knowing is very disturbing to say the least. i MUST warn my people. at midnight tonight, when my power is at its peak, i must try a Sending to warn them. THEY MUST BE WARNED!" he finishes in a loud hiss.
Back to top Go down
custosnox
Admin
Admin
custosnox

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 6:13 pm

"But who would you warn? Who can you trust? I'm sure you have those close to you that you feel you can trust, but then, they must warn others in return. Think about it. He has his ties within much of your world. He is one that many of your hierarchy consider trustworthy, is he not? Do you not think that he doesn't have people in place to learn of any such warning, and be ready to do whatever he feels he must to keep his place among your nobles? Perhaps, it is best to use subterfuge of our own. You, of all people, should know how the dark can conceal not only your enemies movements, but your own as well. And since we know what his intentions are, and since he does not know of us, much less our intentions, the advantage goes to us."
Back to top Go down
Kodiak
Officer
Officer
Kodiak

Number of posts : 107

Character sheet
Name: Kodiak
Race: Half Sylvan Elf
Class: Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 7:07 pm

Kodiak streches one leg out, settling in to the chair more.
You say the subtler approach is better? That my friends is how I prefer to do my work when not at play. Though if it is only the three of us, speed is demanded of us, each day they grow stronger and closer to the clues. We need to make a plan of action and not in a place so public as this. Perhaps a short trip to the oudoors unless you have other ideas?
Back to top Go down
Roland Of Gilead
Admin
Admin
Roland Of Gilead

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 7:16 pm

"i prefer the outdoors to this smoke filled, sweat stenched tavern any day. or should i say night. the sun should have fallen by now and my eyes crave the darkness. i would prefer to be out of town as well but i dont imagine that would be desirable to you two would it. Never in all my lifetime did i picture myself in league with a pair such as yourselves but i suppose if you are my family's only hope as the deep seers have foretold then i do what i must."

Startalon rises from his chair in almost the same fashion as he sat in it, which is to say graceful except for the fact that one of his daggers, hidden underneath his robes, catches on the edge of the table. due to the fact that he is more drunk than he has ever been in his life he stumbles and falls in darians direction...
Back to top Go down
custosnox
Admin
Admin
custosnox

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 7:25 pm

Darien catches startalon with his foot, and shoves him back, causing him to fall back into the chair, then leans forward, gesturing for the others to do the same. Once they do, he speaks in a low voice. "Perhaps discretion is best. Besides, these walls do not agree with me. On my way into town, I noticed a small woodlot to the north. I shall meet you at the edge of of these woods where the road lays closest to them. I shall meet you there at an hour before sunrise." He then glances at the dark elf "make that an hour after". He then stands and walks out.

Last edited by on Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kodiak
Officer
Officer
Kodiak

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 9:05 pm

Kodiak roars in laughter, "I had no idea you could be so comical". Turning his mug up for the last savory drop, he crashes the mug down and tosses a coin to the girl with the harp, "play us a lively tune lass".

He mumbles to himself more than anyone else" after that it's time to get this one upstair for his beauty rest" shaking his head with a grin.

He arranges for a room upstairs the two of them can share, eventually that is. First to deposit Startalon in bed, then to look for a bit of company.
Back to top Go down
Roland Of Gilead
Admin
Admin
Roland Of Gilead

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 10:47 pm

"shleep!?, i have no need of shleep. now is my time of power. all i need is to be outshide in the darkne...."

he says as he tries to get out of his chair, failing miserably.

"Damn you and your Dragons Blood Shylvan. I do not like thish. i do not like not being in control! i need one hour of sheep before i can make any deshishions."

He then promptly falls over. turning over the mug of dragons blood he still holds in his hand. and seeing as how Darian has already departed it is up to Kodiak to make sure he gets to some semblance of a bed preferably in a dark corner somewhere...
Back to top Go down
Kodiak
Officer
Officer
Kodiak

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 1:26 am

Shaking his head laughing, "the largest always fall hardest".

Kodiak tosses a coin to the bartender for their room. Cautious of Startalons weapons he hoists him up from under the arm, grunting, but not the first time he helped a friend in this state. with a small amount of assistance Staralons hobbles along. Kristo followed closely behind.

Reaching the stairs finally he propped him up against the wall to open the door. With Kodiaks keen elven senses he peers into the room, finding it empty he lays the half dead one on a cot in the corner. He checks the window and locks it as well as the door.

Thinking better of the night he decides that he should probably stay watch over startalon. He goes over to the other cot with Kristo having a communal moment with him. It's time to think......
Back to top Go down
Roland Of Gilead
Admin
Admin
Roland Of Gilead

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 10:22 am

a few hours later, startalon is awoke by a large slobbering tongue. enthusiastically licking up any vestige of dragons blood still around his mouth.

"phtew, phtew! get off of me dog!" he pushes kristo down onto the floor. blinking his eyes slowly to look around the room. his eyes feel grainy and his head hurts and swims.

i will have to stop at a apothecary for a remedie for this. i cant go on like this and think straight he thinks to himself. he gets up off of the bed and notices Kodiak laying on the cot. he also looks around in distaste for the walls and the room he has been forced to sleep in.

"wake up my friend" he says as he nudges Kodiak. seeing he is awake he doesnt not wait around for him to get fully up before he is out the door, down the stairs, and out of the tavern. into the still half dark morning.
Back to top Go down
Kodiak
Officer
Officer
Kodiak

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 11:44 am

Looking at Kristo, "adventure awaits, what are you waiting for" He pulls on his boots, grabs his small bag and heads out the door.

Downstairs it is quiet, only one customer at a table. A girl in the kitchen is working away. He gets her attention, buys bread and jerky and is off.
Back to top Go down
Bushbaby
Knight
Knight
Bushbaby

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-12-11

Character sheet
Name: Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 2:08 pm

As Kodiak leaves the tavern a darkly cloaked figure enters, looking like hes just run quite a distance. He heads over to the kitchen and orders some food.
Back to top Go down
Bushbaby
Knight
Knight
Bushbaby

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 10:13 am

After Eating, the cloaked figure tosses a gold coin to the girl and heads off to the VIP room.
Back to top Go down
Kodiak
Officer
Officer
Kodiak

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 4:31 pm

Outside of the tavern Kodiak slides off his horse Stern, asking Darien if he minds taking care his his horse for him, patting Stern on the neck"'at a boy." He glances at Darien " I'm going directly upstairs, should I let the bartender know you are coming later or are you coming in now?"

Having had worse days in his life, he gathers his strength, so as not to make a big seen when he comes in. "i sure am looking forward to a bed right now" he grimaces. He readies a coin.
Back to top Go down
Sofa0990
Knight
Knight
Sofa0990

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-12-22

Character sheet
Name: Korlash
Class: Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 5:05 pm

korlash stirrs as a particulairly violent thought flashes across his mind. he had almost detached his mind from his past but recently incredibly graphic scenes had come back to haunt him. it seemed that nothing could ever shun this from his mind and it took more out of him than the most exhausting of battles.

trying once again to rid himself of this vison he shifted his weight to face in the opposite direction. it wasnt long before he needed to awaken but the occurence of theese violent memories had blown all other thinking patterns out of proportion.

finally conceeding to this mental gauntlet he rolled over to reach for his boots.
'this will take a very stiff drink to get rid of' he thought to himself, reaching under the bed and fumbleing around for the first thing his hand came into contact with.

then it hit him, as if he had ran into a brick wall... something was wrong
Back to top Go down
Kodiak
Officer
Officer
Kodiak

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 1:01 am

Meanwhile Kodiak fastens his cloak to hide the battle wounds and look half way presentable, but not by much.

He enters the tavern,looking around the room for anyone he may recognize or aught to know about, but hurries along to the bartender asking for a room and a basin of warm water to be brought up. Upon recieving the key he let's the bartender know that he is expecting an elf to be asking after him, to please just send him up to the room.

He checks out his room, enters when he feels the room is safe enough, locks the window and door. He relaxes finally, waiting for some hot water to refresh himself and rid himself of all the blood and grime.he goes to the cot and props himself up against wall to prevent sleep from coming before Darian arrives and to slow the blood flow.
Back to top Go down
Bushbaby
Knight
Knight
Bushbaby

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 9:47 am

The Dark Elf Crosses The landing and grabs the door handle. He is about to turn it and enter when he hears a movement on the other side. He releases the handle quietly and ponders his entrance. He hears someone coming up the stairs and makes a quick decision. He memorises a spell and quickly open the door and steps inside making sure to knock it closed to reduce attention from outside. He scans the room.
Back to top Go down
custosnox
Admin
Admin
custosnox

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 11:26 am

Darian enters the tavern followed closely by a man in clerics garb. He glances around the room taking note of those who are now present as he makes a line straight for the keeper. He asks him about Kodiak, and when he has his information, continues on to the room. Entering the room, he gestures towards the injured man and goes to a stool over in a corner. The cleric quickly moves to Kodiak and inspects the wound. After a moment he makes a quick nod and places his hands on either side of the wound and starts speaking invocations. His hands start to glow with a soft white light. The glowing expands around the wound and across Kodiaks chest. The wound begins to close rapidly, until it is gone completely. He then turns towards Darian, who has spent the time going through the soldiers bags "it is done, he is as he was before the injury, just as you requested. If I may have the rest of my payment, I will be off to my duties once again."
"of course" Darian responds and pulls some coins from his belt pouch and deposits them in the clerics outstretched hand. The priest pockets the coins, gives a slight bow, and exists the room, closing the door behind him. Darian then turns towards Kodiak "up to a drink to see what the new arrivals have in mind?"
Back to top Go down
Sofa0990
Knight
Knight
Sofa0990

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 2:27 pm

Korlash's hand came to rest upon something that he had overlooked the pervious times that he had used this room.

before he had time to pull the object from underneath the bed he heard a fumbleing from outside and a sudden rush for the door handle. adrenaline started to pulse through his body as he looked for his bow or knife, or anything that could be used as a weapon for that matter. no use they were both long out of reach and entangled within his jerky.

quickly reassesing the situation he looked for exits. there were none. he was always prescice about closing windows and keeping things just as he found them to prevent any suspision and now it could be the very thing that kills him. he thought about hiding under the bed bout that would be slow and cause him to be in a vunerable position.

he had run out of time and options. he arose to a standing postion, one which would leave him exposed but not out of the option of a hand to hand fight. curseing his bad luck he displayed an expressionless face and waited for the stranger to enter.
Back to top Go down
Kodiak
Officer
Officer
Kodiak

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 8:38 pm

Back in the other room.

"I could stand for that and let me get you a meal while we are at it. Who knows when we will have a chance at a full meal again, unless you cook better than I do" he says with that well known laugh of his which is making a come back. He stands up stretches his muscles to test them and finds full range of motion, handles his dagger with the most dexterious of motions, content that he is well healed, he thanks Darian for his generousity and that he owes much to Darian and Startalon.

Kodiak steps out in the hallway first and who does he see, but the mage from that morning, standing there in the hallway with his hand on a door. He stealthly steps back in to the room. "Darian,we've made contact already. That mage from this morning is out in the hallway trying to enter a room with some difficulty" he laughes quietly. Are you ready to confront him about this morning? You are the one I trust on for counter spells. Franklly, I'd like to know what he is up to."
Back to top Go down
Dungeon Master
Knight
Knight

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 9:55 pm

The dark elf who did not have time to memorize a spell stands in the room stairing eye to eye with the Ugliest Orc he has ever laid eyes on, who is reaching for a club the size of a small log.

Meanwhile, the hired room rousters of the tavern are making their rounds to check rooms that are supposed to be empty for unwelcome guests. With only two empty rooms today, it won't take the four of them long. Each room on either side of the hall at the end are their destinations. Reaching them, they split up, two for each door. Two of the roughers walk into a room to find yet another dark elf standing in the center of the room, stone face staring at them. Drawing their short swords, they side step to flank him. "Got one!" one of them hollers to the other two. "And exactly what do you think you are doing here, Drow?" He then asks of the occupant.
Back to top Go down
custosnox
Admin
Admin
custosnox

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 10:12 pm

"hmmm... I guess we should find out exactly what is going on around here. Don't want to end with another incident like just a bit ago. On one hand, I have only one spell that can be used in a harry situation left. But, he doesn't know that, and I'm sure he isn't expecting much out of you since the last time he saw you, you were in pretty bad shape. So I suppose we can confront him, and I will take the lead on it. Hopefully he will focus on me, and not think of you as a threat, no offense, and if he tries anything, get in on him." He stands up, discarding the bags in the corner, and walks to the door.
Back to top Go down
deathmatch1000
Knight
Knight
deathmatch1000

Number of posts : 26

Character sheet
Name: crovax
Race: Human
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 8:55 am

crovax walks in the tavern he looks about and sees the barkeep. he walks up to him and purchses a room for the night then sits for a drink to stifle his thirst.

"ah that was good" he says to the barkeep before mooving upstirs to the room he had purchased.

he was walking down the corridor when he noticed the open door and curiosity got the better of him as he moved up a bit more to check what was inside.

he looked round the corner and saw a dark elf being flanked by a group of rousters.
the elf was instantly recognisable he had met him a few seasons ago.

he strolled into the room to help keeping the hilt of his sword in his hand incase it got nasty but still trying to work out what to say that might get them out of this situation
Back to top Go down
Sofa0990
Knight
Knight
Sofa0990

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 9:11 am

Drow... korlash hated the phrase it made his blood boil, yet he showed none of this weakness.

"what i am doing here depends entirely on what will happen if i tell you" he replies, a coolness in his voice. he was planning how this would go if it did turn into a fight and it did not look good for him.

while enguageing the two sword weilding companions that he had found in words he was eyeing the room for something to defend with. A chest of drawers, the unkown obgect under the bed. he needed time to swerve and use either of theese and he doubted it would be taken to kindly.

Yes, undoubtedly delay tactics were the best here but he could see the duo were getting incredibly impatient and needless to say the call would be heard throughout the tavern so more would be on their way.

he considered a run for it but that would leave him as a wanted criminal without his bow or equiptment. it seemed the duo had had enough.

Then, out of the blue came the figure that had been in his visions. was this a sick illusion of some kind that had come to help claim his soul? nevertheless the situation in hand was worsening along with the available options. still not wanting a fight he waited to see how the swordsmen would react
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stone Tooth Tavern   Stone Tooth Tavern - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stone Tooth Tavern
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Knights Of Dragons Dawn :: KODD RPG :: MossShire Village-
Jump to: